A House is Not a Home Until It Has Wireless
Written by Bwog Staff
If you’re still cursing the housing gods for your 90-square foot single in Wien, cheer up! Though you’ll probably be stuck there all year, at least Housing’s tried to make it a little nicer for ya. Check out our list of all the new renovations, and let us know what other new changes you’ve seen or would like to see in your dorms in the comments. Maybe someone will listen!
- Renovated floors 3, 4, 5 including new paint, new flooring, and new lounge furniture.
- Renovated laundry room and painted basement level.
- Renovated 14th floor lounges including new carpet, paint and new furniture.
- Installed electronic locks on all room doors.
- Various small projects including painting and floor refinishing based on the priorities of the groups in residence.
- Added electronic Lenel readers for access to the remaining seven Brownstones.
- Renovated the 14th floor including replacing the flooring, new kitchen appliances, and all new furniture.
- Painted laundry room.
- Added floor bulletin boards in the high rise.
- Added bicycle racks on the plaza level.
- Renovated existing apartment on the first floor to create a new six person suite.
- Installed new Lobby/Lounge windows on the first floor campus side; Amsterdam side to be completed this fall.
- Renovated floors 2, 3 and 7 including new kitchen cabinets and appliances, new separated shower and toilet room, new paint, flooring and furniture throughout
- Renovated laundry room on 7th floor
- New beds were placed in all rooms on floors 5 through 13.
- Revised floor plan to add 23 beds in the building; new rooms have new flooring and paint.
- Installed flat screen TV’s in the floor lounges.
- On floors 3 and 4, refinished the hardwood floors, added new bathroom shower enclosures and new vanities
- Bathroom renovations on floors 2 – 8; on floors 3 through 8, bathroom renovations created a separate male and female bathroom; on the 2nd floor the layout was changed to create two unisex bathrooms.
- New corridor lighting on all floors except 9 which lighting replaced last summer
- New carpet on floors 2 – 8
- Added Wireless service to 8 additional buildings (600 W 113th Street, Hogan, McBain, River, Ruggles, Watt, Wien, Woodbridge)
- CUIT also improved the existing wireless service in Broadway
Local Law 11 Repairs
- Repairs to building exteriors in East Campus, Schapiro, and Woodbridge
- Video displays in four residence halls: Broadway, Hartley, Ruggles, and Wien
Photo from Wikimedia Commons