Wondering what all those tents on Broadway between 114th and 116th are? Wonder no more: it’s the Columbia Greenmarket! Every Thursday and Sunday the market is here with tons of fresh goodies to augment your, ah, nutritious and filling John Jay/Ferris/Koronets diet. Each Thursday, Bwog has the highlights:
- It’s nearly September, meaning TONS OF DELICIOUS FRESH FOODS! Tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, apples, pears, winter squash, the possibilities are endless!
- Through November 15th Health Bucks are at the market. Spend $5 with EBT and get a $2 coupon for fruits and veggies. Visit Market Information to participate
- From 9 am until supplies last today, visit Market Info for a free reusable bag–all you need to do is spend $15 at any one stand, turn in plastic bags for reuse, and sign the Pass on Plastic pledge
- Hawthorne Valley Farm, a Sunday market staple, will be here today with certified organic and biodynamic produce, dairy, baked goods, and lacto-fermented vegetables from Columbia County
- On Sunday at noon join Lori Weisenberg-Catalano, an accomplished cook and Gonzalez Farms CSA member, who will be cooking market fresh tomato sauce. Learn and enjoy free samples