Morningside Almanac: Week of 10/3
Written by Bwog Staff
In addition to today’s Columbia Greenmarket, tonight our neighborhood will receive the prestigious honor of playing host to NYC’s first nighttime farmer’s market. Check out the Harlem Pop-Up Greenmarket, 4 – 9 p.m. at W. 117th Street and Frederick Douglass Boulevard. It looks extremely tasty.
Attending Greenmarket Producers:
- King Ferry Winery – Wine by the glass from Cayuga County, New York
- Valley Shepherd Creamery – Sheep’s milk cheese, yogurt and gelato from Morris County, New Jersey
- Hot Bread Kitchen – Multi-ethnic artisan breads and tortillas from New York County, New York
- Breezy Hill Orchard – Pears, apples, cider and baked goods from Dutchess County, New York
- Glebocki Farm – Vegetables from Orange County, New York
- Ronnybrook Dairy Farm – Milk, yogurt, butter and ice cream from Columbia County, New York
- Nolasco’s Farm – Vegetables, Mexican specialty produce and herbs from Warren County, New Jersey
- Andrew’s Local Honey – Honey and honey products from Fairfield County, Connecticut
- Pumpkin Patch sale provided by Nolasco’s Farm.
Soon-to-be-jack-o’-lanterns via Wikimedia Commons