Morningside Almanac: Week of 11/8
Written by Bwog Staff
Greetings produce enthusiasts. Although the weather has been horrific lately, and it’s understandable if you don’t want to leave your room ever again, you still do need to eat your greens. So, here’s your market news for this week:
- There will be NO FOOD SCRAPS COLLECTION this Sunday. You can, however, take your scraps to Madison Square Park at 25th Street & Broadway and Inwood Greenmarkets. Visit http://www.grownyc.org/compost for more information.
- There will be textile recycling, as usual, on Sunday from 8 am to 3 pm.
- Come out today to welcome a NEW FARMER, Fertile Grounds, to the lineup. Visit www.fertilegroundscsa.com for a sneak peak.
- In preparation for Thanksgiving, the Greenmarket will be open on Tuesday 11/20 for all your holiday shopping needs. Preorder a turkey from either Sawkill farm or Dipaola’s Turkey farm.
- The Greenmarket will be closed on 11/22, Thanksgiving day.
Component of a balanced diet via Shutterstock