Bwog Asked: Who’s Winning Best Picture?
Written by Bwog Staff
In anticipation of that award show you read all about on Facebook, Bwog invaded Butler to gather the locals’ guesses for the winner of the grand prize of the night. Here are some of the answers we gathered.
Some people (sort of) knew what they were talking about it:
- Guy near elevator: “Is Tarantino running? I’m just gonna go with Tarantino.”
- Girl in hall: “Les Mis? I don’t know, is that nominated?”
- Boy wandering third floor: “Argo.”
- Girl wandering third floor: “I think Lincoln. I really liked it. I actually saw it at midnight the night it came out…we were the only people in the theater because…why would you see Lincoln at midnight? But really: written by Tony Kushner, directed by Steven Spielberg…”
- Two guys reviewing a problem set in 303b: “Argo.” “Really? I think Zero Dark Thirty or Silver Linings Playbook, for sure.”
- Two girls in 202: “Les Mis.” “Zero Dark Thirty.”
- Two girls sitting on main staircase: “Les Misérables? I *want* it to win.” “Lemme think.” *30 seconds of conversation later * “Lincoln.”
And others were pretty lost:
- Girl with glasses near steps: “I don’t know any of the movies.”
- Girl on phone outside of Butler: “I have no idea, I totally have not been following.”
- Girl in hallway: (quietly) “I don’t know… I’m in my own world lately…”
- Guy with a hat: “I don’t follow that stuff.”
- Studious girl in 310 alcove: “I haven’t really been following it!”
- Guy in glasses and hat: “I don’t know, I don’t—” …and he just walked away mid-sentence.