Written by Finn Klauber
Bucket List represents the intellectual privilege we enjoy as Columbia students. We do our very best to bring to your attention important guest lecturers and special events on campus. Our recommendations for this sparsely populated reading week are below, with no specifically recommended events. If you notice any events that have been left off the list, or a correction, please leave them in the comments.
Monday, December 12th
- “The Transmission of Knowledge: Tool Use and Cognition” 4:00-6:00 PM, Faculty House. Nicola Clayton, Alex Martin, Ian Tattersall.
- “American Democracy Under Threat?” 4:10-6:30 PM, Event Oval, The Diana, Barnard College. Michael Gerrard, Alexander Cooley, Mae Ngai, Jack Halberstam.
Tuesday, December 13th
- “US Presidential Election: The View from Japan” 12:00-1:30 PM, 918 IAB. Hitoshi Tanaka, Takako Hikotani.
Wednesday, December 14th
- “Student Discussion on Human Rights Post-Election” 1:00-2:00 PM, 513 Fayerweather Hall.
Thursday, December 15th
- “OPEC Secretary General H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo” 9:30-11:00 AM, Presidential Room 1, Faculty House. H.E. Mohammed Barkindo (RSVP).
- “Rethinking Victorian Individualism” 5:30-8:00 PM, 411 Fayerweather Hall. Anna Clark.
Friday, December 16th
- “How to Hold a Dead Star in Your Hand” 7:00-9:00 PM, 301 Pupin Hall. Kimberly Arcand.