Field Notes: Actually Not Too Bad Edition
Written by Sarah Kinney
Since we already posted a Bacchanal field notes, these field notes are slightly more… tame? I guess a little. Honestly, at this point, we’re just trying to remind ourselves that life exists outside of Bacchanal. Here’s our half-assed effort.
There is only one section because literally everything this weekend was Bacchanal-related:
- Woke up after 10 am on a Sunday for the first time this semester
- Spent 45 minutes trying to get a bagel in Terminal C of Newark Liberty International Airport. I was not successful.
- Emotionally bonded with a couple of people and it was very nice and wholesome.
- Didn’t die.
- Went to two pretentious/fancy events (the opera and a concert at Carnegie Hall) in two nights; fell asleep during both.
- Decorated campus statues with balloons.
- The girl sitting in front of me during my orgo midterm got sick and had to go to Health Services, and I didn’t even notice because I was so intently focused on my midterm.
- Still trying to figure out what I said to my crush during Bacchanal.
- Stole a pineapple from my high school’s alumni event.
- Spilled a cupful of Ferris syrup all over my pants/jacket in middle of Bacchanal, went home to change.
- Rode a scooter around 2nd floor of ADP.
- Had volunteered to babysit 9am the morning after Bacchanal, but the mom cancelled at the last minute. God is real.
- Definitely spoke to the head of CUAD while crossed on Saturday, not sure what I said other than that it included a message of support for the cause.
- Purchased a bottle of wine to watch the Blair Witch Project with my friends; ended up being too scared to drink.
- Made my roommate buy me a ham and cheese croissant at 2 am Sunday.
- Watched the best food documentary I’ve ever seen – Season 2, Episode 1 of Chef’s Table. Check it out.
- Witnessed a prospie down shots of tequila like water at a DOC party, was told “It’s okay, I partied in high school” when I expressed concern.
- Went to Butler to write an outline for my lit hum paper. Ended up cranking out four pages.
- Watched Citizenfour for my global core class and got so paranoid that I put a bandaid over the camera on my laptop.
- Went to Times Square to meet up with a former hookup, made out on the red steps at midnight.
Image via EZ Ride