How To Make The Most Of Staying On Campus For Fall Break
Written by Bwog Staff
Fall break is already well underway, and many of us are eager to get out of the city for the long weekend. But if your’e not – if you’re stuck in this mouse-infested, temperature-inconsistent place for the next few days, how can you make the most of it? Here are some of Bwog’s suggestions:
- Rush a Broadway show.
- Walk to the Met through Central Park.
- Go for an absurdly long bike ride.
- Walk across a bridge (Brooklyn, Manhattan, Williamsburg, George Washington – any bridge will do.)
- Go to the movies.
- Explore a new borough.
- Wash your sheets.
- Cheer on the NYC marathoners (you might just see Karlie Kloss!)
- Go to the Instragamable food place you’ve been telling yourself you’d go all year and haven’t been yet. Options include Do, Black Tap, the gelato place that does flowers, etc.
- Get your aura read.
- Watch the new season of Stranger Things.
- Go thrift shopping in Brooklyn. (L Train Vintage, Urban Jungle.)
- Go to the Bronx Zoo and/or New York Botanical Garden (they’re right next to each other!)
- Redo your town in Animal Crossing.
- Catch up on that class you’ve skipped for the past two weeks.
- Go to Trader Joe’s (or Fairway!) on Monday and experience normal, healthy grocery shopping (compared to Sunday nights).
- Get a tattoo.
- Bake a pie.
- Clean your room and get rid of all the stuff from the beginning of the beginning of the semester.
- Learn how to pick a lock.
- Go to a museum/attraction that’s free with CUID.
- Stay in your bed for one full day.
And with this, we’re out for the next few days. Get some sleep, Columbia! And if you do anything particularly fun or exciting, tell us about it.
Tags: fall break, goodnight columbia, guess which ones of these we're doing, ready to sleep for a day, ready to sleep for a YEAR, submit field notes we love non-bwogger field notes!, we're seeing the band's visit over break and we're very excited about it