Field Notes: Lit Trees Edition
Written by Thomas Saenz
While the lighting of the trees on College Walk may signify the beginning of finals season, with piles of homework, tests, and papers coming our way, Bwog staff made sure to enjoy their weekends in the only way we know: food, alcohol, going out, and maximizing time on campus. Enjoy this recap of the things we did.
Bwog and Alcohol:
- Spent more on sangria in two nights than I’ve spent on alcohol in the past month.
- Committed myself to a dry season for the rest of semester. Went to 1020 100% sober and it was as bad as I thought it would be.
- Felt buzzed after glasses of wine, a testament to not binge drinking this semester.
- Got harassed by an old man at 1020 who told me “sorry” on the way out. I told him to go fuck himself.
- Saw my Bwog big at 1020!
- Was feeling very lonely and depressed on Saturday night and wanted to have a chill 1020 night, had one of the wildest nights of the semester.
- Used my new french press for the first time and I love it!
- Got really drunk on Thursday night and cried for hours (an hour of which was in the Beta house chapter room).
Bwog on Campus:
- Pushed a writing conference back by half an hour so that I wouldn’t be late. Was then late to the rescheduled time.
- Went to JJ’s too many times.
- Got all dressed up for a party that didn’t happen.
- Got walked in on by my roommate while crying and trying to wax my own legs.
- Got dumped! #anti-cuffing-season
- Made plans to “reconnect” with an acquaintance, just ended up hooking up with him instead.
- Slept in my nook that I made under my bed. The best thing I did all semester.
- Finally finished watching Lost, 121 hours (or something) later. This show has taken up my life this semester and may result in an irreversible GPA nosedive, but it’s been worth it every second. If anyone ever wants to talk conspiracy theories, hmu.
- Found out I was gossiped about by not one or two, but three people in the CU jazz band.
- Tried really hard to clean my room but a bitch could not do it smh.
Bwog and Food:
- Spent $54 on a salad and 2 glasses of wine at a restaurant with dead animals on the walls for my high school friend’s birthday.
- Snuck through the line twice with different friends at the Tree Lighting so I could get multiple Krispy Kreme donuts.
- Befriended the ‘greeter’ at Panda Express.
- Literally took a bite of a banana and puked it up at 7 pm due to a day-long hangover :-(.
- Had gourmet mac n cheese at 5 am because New York City is the shit!!
- Went to a quinceñera for a girl I didn’t know just for the Mexican food and to meet fellow Latinos.
Bwog in the City:
- Abused my C-14 license for hookup purposes.
- Lost my Columbia ID by accidentally dropping it through the grate of a subway.
- Went to a sex shop for the first time.
- Finally watched Pacific Rim and it totally lived up to the hype.
- Got stood up by two guys that I was supposed to go on field trips with (one who I was catching feelings for). Still salty.
- Went to the Intrepid museum with Roberta! Ran around like little kids and sung the Top Gun theme song repeatedly.
- Watched a drag show at Suite sober and really enjoyed it.
- Didn’t get carded at 1020, did get carded and turned away trying to see an r-rated movie because I didn’t have my license.
- Went to the MoMA with my boyfriend and colored together in the children’s area.
- Accompanied my best friend (hi Lexie) to Village Tattoo so she could get more piercings.
- Drank spiked eggnog and watched Twin Peaks with a bunch of NYU people I don’t know.
All I Want for Christmas is You *Extra Festive Version* via Bwog Staff
Tags: bwog wilds out yet again, drink safely friends, field notes, hi mom and dad I'm not dying, I was definitely the quincenera one, never watched lost never gonna it's too much, nothing good comes out of 1020, that's so funny that they got carded and denied at the theater instead of a bar