How To Propose To A Prospective Roommate
Written by Abby Rubel
You’ve heard of “prompose,” but do you have any idea how to pop the question to the most important person in your life? No, not your spouse, your future roommate. Senior Staffer Abby Rubel has some ideas for you.
- Actually propose. Buy a Ring Pop, get down on one knee, and ask them, “Will you be my roommate?” Enjoy the oohs and ahs from people who wish their roommate were that romantic.
- Scavenger hunt! Hide letters that say “Roommates?” around campus and give them hints to each location. For example, “Kim and Kanye’s baby” would mean NoCo.
- Broach the subject gently. Don’t just come right out and ask, beat around the bush for 15 minutes first.
- Explain why you think the two of you would be good roommates. Persuade them that you’re their perfect match.
- Fill up their room with balloons that spell out “I think we’d be really good roommates. Want to live together next year?” Be sure to get question mark and period balloons. There’s no excuse for sloppy punctuation.
- Complain loudly about your current roommate and hope they get the hint.
- Go to JJ’s and pop the question over stale chicken fingers.
- Ignore all of the above advice and ask them calmly, “Hey, want to be roommates?”
Photo via Wikimedia Commons