NSOP Bucketlist 2018
Written by Sarah Kinney
Hey, new first years! Yeah, you! In just a few weeks, you’re going to embark on one of the greatest, sweatiest, and cringiest experiences of your whole college career: NSOP. In order to make this experience the Best Ever, a few of us old timers here at Bwog have compiled an NSOP bucketlist (based on our own experiences) to make sure you get the most out of this wild week.
- Get a fake ID
- Walk the Brooklyn bridge
- Get into a bar with an ID that isn’t yours
- Go to a Carman party
- Go to the Museum of Sex
- Do a photoshoot in your Carman room
- Host a Carman party
- Go to Coney Island!!
- Smoke w**d in Riverside Park
- Grab a friend, start walking in a random direction, and let yourself get super lost. Best way to explore the city.
- Rush a Broadway show while you still have the energy to wake up super early for it
- Go to Absolute Bagels
- Go to Hungarian Bakery, but don’t bring a Tinder date there
- Take advantage of your CUID and go to a museum for free
- (Second the go to Hungarian)
- Go to Suite
- Get and get over a crush
- Buy your own w**d for the first time
- Go to 1020 using your fake ID (or get there before they start carding)
- Ask a random person for a sign in to the dorm you’re trying to get into
- Hang out on Low Steps
- Buy alcohol at International
- Hook up with someone from your sibling NSOP group
- Hook up with someone from your own NSOP group
- Sneak alcohol in your college-branded tote
- Go to Smorgasburg before it closes!!
- Try to push the tooth statue (officially known as three-way piece: points) near the International Affairs Building
- Watch the sunset from the top floor of the International Affairs Building
- Go to one of the “NYC Welcome Week” parties (I did this; I hated it, but it was definitely an experience)
- Go to the 20th floor of EC and admire the view from the lounge before all the seniors move in and you feel awkward there
Note: Bwog does not condone the use of illegal substances.
Image via Columbia University