Location: 605-615 W. 115th Street.
- Nearby dorms: Furnald, Woodbridge
- Stores and restaurants: UPS Store (yay!), the best Halal cart, Lerner, Morton Williams, M2M, Uni Cafe
- $6,718 (same as Wien, McBain, Broadway)
- Bathrooms: Floor bathrooms. Relatively small and gross.
- AC/Heating: Air conditioning and heat.
- Kitchen/Lounge: Every floor has a new-ish lounge with a kitchen, furniture, and flatscreen.
- Laundry: Huge industrial laundry room in the basement.
- Computers/Printers: Computer lab on the first floor with one printer.
- Gym: None.
- Intra-transportation: Three amazingly quick elevators.
- Hardwood/Carpet: Carpeting, but a few rooms have vinyl flooring.
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Practice rooms with pianos in the basement.
- Singles: Tons and tons of singles that are around 107 sq. ft. The 22 and 20 line of singles are about 120 sq. ft. Almost entirely singles on the 10th through 16th floors.
- Doubles: The 2nd through 9th floors have doubles available on either wing. They are pretty cramped at around 175 sq. ft. The 30/28 line of doubles run about 200 sq. ft.
- The 05/07 line has walk-through doubles on every floor, but they’re awkwardly shaped, and cumulatively about 210 sq. ft. Also, RIGHT behind the elevator shaft.
- Doubles: Are available even to unlucky sophomores. Same for the walkthroughs ~10/3000
- Singles: Cut-off will likely land somewhere in the last bunch of rising Juniors. ~20/2800
- Many residents enjoy the privacy Schapiro offers.
- If you need to preserve personal space with a single, Schapiro is a great option for rising Juniors, comparable to Broadway. But don’t come here expecting the open-door friendliness of John Jay single living. Schapiro residents tend to be much more distant.
- For rising sophomores, Schapiro is a decent alternative to McBain or Wien in the search for doubles, but you can find much bigger rooms and a more sophomore-friendly social atmosphere in McBain.