SGA’s Housing Advisory Board (HAB) just sent us this forthcoming letter to Barnard students. Highlights:
- There are still nine students who have not moved off-campus and have not yet received on-campus housing.
- HAB considered the possibility Housing would convert Plimpton corner singles to doubles, “but never felt that it would prove necessary.”
- HAB is concerned that students forced to live off-campus won’t be well-integrated into the Barnard community.
- Clearly responding to the whole “Housing quietly kicked returning students off the guaranteed waitlist” scandal, HAB says they’ll “ensure that any contractual changes are clearly articulated going forward.”
- There will be town halls in a few weeks!
Dear fellow Barnard students,
We are writing to offer our assistance as your representatives in light of the many changes to housing this summer. We sympathize with and regret the frustrations, burdens, and anxieties that have been raised over the past week. We apologize for the lack of communication and hope that you will join us in a larger conversation moving forward.
We are pleased that 90% of students awaiting assignments have been offered housing for the fall. To Residential Life and other campus offices involved, we thank you for your tireless efforts to accommodate every student. Yet, there remain nine students on the Unguaranteed Wait List who have not yet been placed in campus housing.To all students affected by the shortage, we offer our sincerest apologies for your hardships and will strive to assist your communication with campus offices.