Breaking the Ice
Written by Bwog Staff
In which Bwog staff member Katie Reedy cogitates about alternative ice breakers to the traditional “two truths and a lie,” and “the name game” for Orientation Leaders and RAs, who will be faced with a group of (most likely wet), frightened, and homesick first-years tomorrow afternoon.
– Get postmodern: Bring a chisel, a block of ice, and break it.
– Best “being lost” (physically or emotionally) story, from recent memory or deep in childhood
– Best/worst hair experience (gum, cutting it yourself, etc.)
– Best cautionary tale your parents told you about New York
– Funny things your initials spell or could stand for
– Biggest irrational fear/huge misconception from childhood
– Favorite made-up word/Make up a word and a definition on the spot