CCSC: They’re Baaa-ack…
Written by Bwog Staff
Tidbits from tonight’s CCSC meeting:
– First, the first Lerner Pub is this Thursday from 10-12 (as the rest of us try, and fail, to get into East Campus).
– Excitingly, Flex off Campus, per junior class President George Krebs, is “well underway,” with a timeline put together by the administration in place. Said timeline would result in Flex dollars accepted at off-campus eateries before 2008 graduation.
– Not to mention, President Krebs’ first e-mail, which is so wonderfully bizarre (the class of 2009 is WHAT?) that we reprinted it after the jump.
– Tentatively, there’s a sophomore semiformal in the works for the spring. Sophomores can hope (though their livers might disagree) that it’s a replay of last year’s Winter Wonderland.
– Finally, five parties have expressed an interest in running in – wait for it – the Freshman Elections! Oh, pray that they’re every as ludicrous as the ten-party 2010 freshman elections were. More coverage on all these stories as they develop.
Dearest the Ineffable Class of ï¿½09,
As though we never left, weï¿½re back and ready to get the sweet
nectars flowing in the veins of ï¿½09 once more.
Welcome to the sphere of the junior–where we sit high atop the
mighty totem pole. No longer steeped in the Western philosophy of
CC as the sophomores, no longer the naÃ¯ve ones trying to find our
places as the freshmen, and not yet the nervous ones, constantly
preoccupied with trying to line up countless job interviews and
grad school applications as the seniors. Weï¿½re living the dream,
boys and girls.
On behalf of myself, Mark (our VP), Ian, Heather, and Zahrah (our
elected Representatives), I would like to thank you for electing us
to another year running. There is no doubt in my mind that not only
are we going to take advantage of our campus status, but that CCSC
ï¿½09 will do whatever it takes to make this year incredible. So in
the immortal words of the great Black Eyed Peas, ï¿½Letï¿½s get it
started in huh.ï¿½
–————[various newsy things]———
different academic departments for our major, or even root for
different teams (GO Red Sox tonight vs. Yanks!), but I hope we can
mesh at a couple of events throughout the semester and renew the
solidity of the ï¿½09 class that weï¿½ve had going.
George and your Class of ï¿½09 Elected Stalwarts,
Mark, Heather, Ian and Zahrah.