MicroEmpowering Summer Fellowship Info Session
Written by Bwog Staff
Interest Meeting for Summer Fellowships with MicroEmpowering sponsored by Columbia Students for International Service
MicroEmpowering.org is a not for profit organization that provides products, technology and funds to help low income individuals and social entrepreneurs to improve their lives in a sustainable way!
Our aim is to foster a community of givers who are concerned with adopting a mixed strategy to obtain sustainable development at the micro level. At the same time we believe in providing our donors with the transparency and tools to measure the impact of their donations.
Our fellowship program provides you with an unique opportunity to travel to the region where our empowering projects are implemented. Our fellows are given an opportunity to learn more about sustainable development, work with a practitioner at the micro level, and gain field experience in project management as well as in how to audit a project!
We are looking for fellowship candidates that have previous international experience (preferably in developing countries);
– that have a high degree of flexibility,
– great problem solving skills that will be helpful in crafting solutions to alleviate poverty,
– passionate about micro-enterprise development,
– comfortable with web applications, word and excel.
– will be able to stay on assignment for at least one month (max of 6 months).
Please contact Nishi Kumar at [email protected] for more information.