Senior Wisdom: Varun Gulati
Written by Bwog Staff
Claim to fame: That gigantic Tamasha banner, a few dance teams (aka “dance team slut” — NOT MY WORDS), a certain Spec op-ed.
Where are you going? New Orleans for TFA.
Three things you learned at Columbia:
- A little bit of un-anonymous, positive love in Bwog comments goes a long way.
- Best places in the city: Taqueria y Fonda, Nuyorican Poets Cafe.
- Robert, the security guard who’s often on shift in EC, is the coolest man ever.
Justify your existence in 30 words or fewer: I got CAVA-ed on the fourth day of NSOP…for MSG poisoning :(
Any war stories from the War on Fun? In a brutal, heart-wrenching confrontation with Public Safety, I was instructed to stop doing this.
Would you rather give up oral sex or cheese? Inappropriate, Bwog! Umm…hi Mama.
Any advice for the Class of 2014?
- First, learn this dance. It will make your time at Columbia infinitely more exciting.
- Go crazy. Seriously, try everything and push your limits. Write for a campus publication. Volunteer to tutor kids. See every single museum on this list. Sit in on a class you’re not signed up for. Visit all five boroughs. Smile at everyone on College Walk, and see who smiles back.
- Don’t buy into cynicism. There’s a lot more to be happy about, and a lot more to love — sometimes you have to search for it.
- Apply to, and if you get in, join Columbia Urban Experience. It changed my life, no joke!
Any regrets? I wish I had gone to a Postcrypt Coffeehouse event! Also, never been on the roof of Low or Butler.