Morningside Almanac: Week of 10/20
Written by Bwog Staff
The Greenmarket is here every Thursday and Sunday. Every Thursday, Bwog brings you the weekly highlights.
- As fall tightens its clammy grip, squashes, root veggies, and apples are in abundance.
- In addition to milk, cream, and yogurt, Milk Thistle farm will be selling fresh chicken on Sunday.
- Or try try the more exotic meats: ostrich meat from Roaming Acres or Berkshire pork on Thursdays.
- If you’re not that into flesh, Wagner’s Cider Mill will sport grapes and grape juice both Thursday and Sunday.
- If the idea of eating flesh makes you depressed, King Ferry Winery will be selling some of New York State’s best wines every Sunday and this Thursday.
- For an alternative culinary way to drown your sorrows, see Wood Homestead and Tundra Brewery for maple syrup, cotton candy, and local beer on Sundays.
- Crowned champs Samascott Orchards are offering new apple varieties and, on Sunday, a smattering of apple pie recipes at the info station.
- In case you haven’t already, celebrate cider week this Sunday with a cider-based cooking demonstration from 12 to 1 pm.
Tags: can't we put our differences aside just for cider week?, cider week, I hope cider week is on the Julian calendar so one day it will coincide with Shark week, it's probably organic or something, mmm apples, morningside almanac, seasonal things