Where Art Thou: Back From Break
Written by Bwog Staff
Join Art Editor (Extraordinaire) Alex Katz in bringing back Where Art Thou from its summer hiatus. We’ll be divulging the details about the must-sees of Columbia’s arts scene. If you’d like your event to appear on Where Art Thou, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Tomás Saraceno on the Roof: Cloud City on the roof the Metropolitan Museum of Art. A collection of large, interconnected modules investigating how we experience our environment. Free with CUID.
- 20at20: Discounted Off-Broadway Shows, the bi-annual discount offer celebrating Off-Broadway. Tickets for all 20at20 shows are only $20, starting 20 minutes before show time. $20
- Bound Unbound: Lin Tianmiao at the Asia Society Museum. The artist’s first major solo exhibition in the United States, it focuses on the human form subtly embodied in the work. $10. Free with valid CUID.
- Forty Years Later: Now Can We Talk? Film premiere produced by Lee Anne Bell in the Diana Event Oval at 6:30pm. The film tells the story of the first African Americans to integrate the white high school in Batesville, Mississippi in 1967-69. Information: 212.854.7072
- Free Live Music at the American Folk Art Museum at 5:30pm. Seeking to honor the independent creative spirit, the free concert includes a chance to view the current exhibit. Free.
- Venezia at Miller Theater. Performed by candlelight, this theatrical concert presentation builds on Le Poème Harmonique’s eye-opening approach to opera. Tickets are $40-$50.
- Choreography for Audiences – Take One at Irondale Theater at 2:00pm. A live human game, the social experiment asks participants to follow instructions and rules to create large scale visual patterns. Tickets are $15, or $10 with valid CUID.