Morningside Almanac: Week of 9/13
Written by Bwog Staff
Get yer locally grown organics on at the Columbia Greenmarket. On Broadway between 114th and 116th every Thursday and Sunday. As always, here are ze highlights:
- On Sundays the market collects food scraps for compost from 8 am to 1 pm and textiles for recycling frim 8 am to 3 pm
- Thursdays, ongoing: volunteers needed! Are you looking for a fun, interactive volunteer opportunity helping to bring fresh, local food to city residents? Look no further than your neighborhood Greenmarket! We’re in need of an at-market volunteer for a few hours every Thursday. For more information, please contact Market Manager Caroline at [email protected], or swing by Market Information and introduce yourself.
- This Thursday Lavender by the Bay is back! Pick up a fragrant bouquet to brighten up your whitewashed concrete walls and Fight Club poster.
- Ever wondered what a chutney is? Join Beth Linskey of Beth’s Farm Kitchen on Sunday for Chutney 101 to learn how to make and cook with versatile, delicious chutney. On the menu: paninis and soup. From 11 am to 1 pm.
- Take a Bag/Leave a Bag Collection: Did you pledge to reduce your plastic use, but forget to bring your reusable bag? Or, are reusable bags coming out of your ears? Never fear! Swing by Market Information to pick up a used bag, or drop off extras. This collection is ongoing.
Credit, debit, EBT are loved here.
Loveliest thing you’ll see all day via Wikimedia Commons