Where Art Thou?
Written by Bwog Staff
Around midweek, Bwog begins to yearn for the marks of high culture. Alex Katz, Art Editor and Representative of All Things Sophisticated, has compiled the area’s best in music, art, cinema, and drama for this week. If you’d like your event included in Where Art Thou, email [email protected].
- Marius at The Storm Theatre. In one of the great romances of the past century, Marius tells the story of a beautiful girl in love with a man who daydreams of going Elsewhere. $15 with valid CUID. $25.
- Through the Yellow Hour at Rattlestick Playwrights Theater. The explosive premiere of a Pulitzer Prize finalist, Adam Rapp’s new play is a post-apocalyptic drama about a woman’s survival in her barricaded East Village apartment. $10 with a valid CUID. $55.
- Composer Portraits: John Cage at Miller Theater at 8 pm. Miller celebrates of one of the 20th century’s most profoundly influential composers and thinkers. $7 with valid CUID. $25-30.
- Girls Rock! at Avery Plaza from 4 to 8 pm. A live outdoor concert featuring Martha Redbone, Willie Mae Rock Campers, Ajo, Olivia Harris, and Lady Bits. Free.
- The Avengers in Lerner Cinema at 11 pm. Ferris Reel’s first screening starts off the year with the summer’s blockbuster hit The Avengers. Free.
- The Fed Bash in Lerner Party Space from 9 pm to 2 am. It’s time for a good, old-fashioned speakeasy. Entertainment at The Fed’s flapper fanatic bash will include Uptown Vocal, The Morningsiders, Fruit Paunch, Ace of Cake, and Guerilla Warfare. $5.
- Morningside Lights Workshops at Miller Theater starting at 12 pm. In the first of several creative sessions, work with crafts and papier-mâché to help create the large-scale puppets for the Morningside Lights parade. Free.
Questionable side glance via Wikimedia Commons