Loco for Lettuce: Westside Salads
Written by Bwog Staff
Looking out over the vast array of toppings at the Westside salad bar can feel overwhelming. It doesn’t help that everyone in line has a crazy-specific order that sounds oodles more delicious than your own generic bowl of Caesar. If you have yet to perfect your special Westside order, here are some Bwog staff suggestions to help you on your quest to the ideal salad:
- Salmon (the omega-3s are worth the extra two bucks, we promise), sliced almonds for crunch, asparagus, carrots, raw mushrooms, broccoli if we’re feelin’ fibrous, and sesame thai dressing (so underrated). All on spinach.
- Mixed greens with the chicken with pesto or tuna, corn, chickpeas, artichoke, mozzarella with balsamic vinaigrette
- Mixed greens, sprouts, edamame, chopped tomatoes, grilled chicken, feta, lemon juice and olive oil
- Romaine with pesto chicken (breaded if we need comfort food), broccoli, carrots, green olives, artichoke, and chickpeas, light Italian dressing
- Romaine, chopped tomatoes, croutons, grilled chicken, corn, black beans, mystery ingredient (cucumber/ avocado), and sometimes mushrooms, with balsamic vinaigrette (2 squirts)
- Mixed greens, grilled chicken, apples, grapes, goat cheese, carrots, chickpeas, wildcard ingredient (usually cucumbers or onions), generous balsamic vinaigrette.
Super specific salad via Shutterstock