Bwog Asked: “Why Are You Here?”
Written by Bwog Staff
Work may not be bothering you in Butler yet, but Bwog is! We spent our Sunday night asking the few souls who are already studying in Butler, “Why are you here?” only to quickly realize that it was a silly question. While Bwog’s shoddy work ethic keeps us from the depths of the library until midterms crash upon us, other students actually work hard throughout the semester to avoid catastrophies. To that end, this week’s Bwog Asked is dedicated to our wise, hard-working peers, who show us how it’s done and have inspired us to actually do all of our readings…at least for this week.
- “Staying on top of things. Because I know it’s all just going to break down in the end.”
- “Working on Lit Hum reading.”
- “Doing my homework… Is that it?”
- “Well it’s quiet here.”
- “Studying for linguistics.”
- “I’m playing chess. Speed chess.”
- “I’m checking out books.” Bwog: “Spice it up!” Her: “I’m telling the truth!”
- “No one reserves group study rooms this early in the semester so it’s easy to get one – and kick people out of them”
- “Studying, just doing reading.”
- “I just really like it here!”
The rest were confused looks and variations of “studying for ____, you lazyass.” For those about to rock this semester, we salute you.
AMERICA via Shutterstock
Tags: bwog asked, excuses to use the word "shoddy", foresight, oops!, people actually doing work, people who soldier on, quoting acdc just makes us think about hockey and OH BOY are we excited to have an NHL season again, SORRY FOR BOTHERING YOU ACADEMIC HEROES, your peers are really quite smart