Morningside Almanac: Week of 9/5
Written by Bwog Staff
It’s baaaacckkkkk. Well actually, you’re back–the Greenmarket’s been holding down the fort while you were out. The Columbia Greenmarket is on Broadway between 114th and 116th every Thursday and Sunday. Here are this week’s highlights:
- Lavender By The Bay is back, get something that smells nice!
- Thanks to the weather and season, there’s tons of delicious melons, tomatoes, corn, peaches, pears, summer squash, eggplants, and on and on
- Stop by the managers’ table today to learn about the real meaning of families…of plants
- Textiles are collected for recycling from 8 am to 3 pm.
- Food scraps are collected for compost from 8 am to 1 pm.
- Visit Market Information for a reusable bag
- The Greenmarket is also looking for interns! Read on:
Are you an outgoing, enthusiastic individual interested in local food, sustainable agriculture and education that’s looking for a fall internship? If so, then you should apply to Greenmarket Youth Education’s Fall Internship Program! For more info look for the “Youth Education Internship” description on our website.