Capital Investment Grants Announced
Written by Bwog Staff
CCSC’s Uchechi Iteogu, Co-Chair of the Capital Investment Fund, just announced the fund’s grant winners for this year. Six clubs made the cut, out of eleven applications, and a total of $11, 235 was awarded.
The four undergraduate student councils created the Capital Investment fund in September 2012 to help clubs with high equipment costs fund a specific piece of equipment. Club athletic teams have been among the primary recipients of the fund, as well as campus music groups and those with expensive media equipment. Last year, seven clubs received grants that totaled $15,000.
The winners for this year and what they intend to purchase are below:
- Columbia University Film Productions – $2625, for a new camera
- Columbia University Archery Club – $1400, for beginner bows and miscellaneous equipment including sights, finger tabs, targets
- Capoeira Club – $1000, for new instruments including a berimabu and atabaque
- Columbia Tae Kwon Do – $500, to replace a recently-broken standing heavy bag
- Hindu Students Organization – $2000, to replace their mandap (religious altar) and to purchase tablecloths and the Golu (religious icon)
- Lacrosse Club – $3800, to purchase matching uniforms and high-quality helmets
Ruff life via Shutterstock