Help Shape Up Bwog’s Arts Content And Apply To Be Arts Editor
Written by Betsy Ladyzhets
Are you invited to approximately 900 student productions on Facebook every semester? Do you spend chilly weekend mornings in midtown rushing Broadway shows? Have you ever read a Bwog arts review and thought, “Wow, I could do so much better?” If you answered yes to any of those questions, we have the position for you.
Bwog is currently seeking a new Arts Editor, to help us get more in touch with our artistic side. In the interest of improving our relationships with performing arts groups on campus, we’ve opened up applications beyond Bwog’s current staff and are hoping to find a new Arts Editor who is already connected to the performing arts community. However, there are no requirements for the position; anyone with writing skills and an interest in the arts is welcome to apply.
The basic responsibilities of the Arts Editor are as follows:
- Compiles Where Art Thou each week.
- Responsible for editing arts posts and ensuring writers are properly covering those events.
- Responsible for preparing writers for new or challenging arts posts and reviews, by providing examples, advice, and formatting help.
- Fosters positive relationships with arts communities and initiatives.
- Attends weekly staff meetings (Sundays at 9 pm in Lerner 510) and occasional editors meetings (also Sundays, at 8:30 pm in Lerner 510).
- Stays sober enough during the Varsity Show to write a review afterwards.
The application is embedded below, and can also be found here. Applications are due at 11:59 pm on Friday, January 26, and should be sent to email@example.com in the form of a Google doc or .PDF document titled “*First Name* App.”
Our favorite street via Public domain pictures
Tags: arts, arts editor, help us be better!, staying sober during v show is a hard job but someone's gotta do it, we have snacks at every meeting and will always bring you a charger in butler if you need it