Apply to be a Staff Writer to join this
cult student news organization!
If Daily Editors are the nannies of this Blog™, taking turns looking after our beloved website, then Staff Writers are the parents of this operation, driving the central oversight of Bwog’s content. Staff Writers are our coveted creative (and chaotic) minds who write most of the Bwog articles we know and love.
Our staff writers dump their brains with sometimes unexpected, usually hilarious pitches every Sunday night, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. From long-form features and breaking news to shitposts and events coverage, Bwog staff writers truly do it all. Staff Writers attend our weekly meetings on Sunday nights at 9:00 pm EST, pitch ideas at those meetings and write articles for our site, and participate in our community’s methods of communication: email and our slack server. You will have the opportunity to form friendships, become better writers and journalists, and express yourself by writing whatever you want, so long as it is Columbia related and not an op-ed.
All you have to do to become a Staff Writer for Bwog is apply by filling out the application below and submit your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm EST on Friday, September 17. Please send in your application as a PDF titled “*First Name* App.” Your application can be any length and is meant to serve as a way for our editors to get to know you and your interests so we can best help you in Bwog. If you’d like to apply to be both a Staff Writer and Daily Editor, feel free to submit a single application with the position you’d prefer clearly indicated.
Fall 2021 Staff Writer Application
- What do you think Bwog is?
- Tell us about one Bwog post you liked, one post you didn’t like, and why for both.
- Come up with three sample post ideas that you would like to see on Bwog.
- Draw Bwog.
- Why do you want to join Bwog?
- You’re taking Bwog out on a date! What would you do? Where would you go?
- What aspects of Columbia might you be interested in writing about?
- In which Columbia building or business near campus would you want to spend twelve hours?
- Tell us your favorite/ideal Zoom background or location.
vintage Bwog logo via Bwarchives