Bucket List: Stand Outside Of Butler Edition
Bucket List brings to your attention important guest lecturers and special events on campus. If you notice any events excluded from the list or have a correction, let us know in the comments or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Anti-Semitism, Populism, and Migration in Latin American History.” Tuesday, May 7, 6 – 8 PM. Diana Event Oval. Federico Finchelstein. Part of the larger Anti-Semitism in the Americas Conference, which runs from 1 – 8 pm. For more information on other panels, panelists and registration, visit this website.
- “Peace by Piece: How African Women Leaders are Building New Peace Movements Across Africa.” Tuesday, May 7, 6 -7:30 pm. IAB, Altschul Auditorium. Leymah Gbowee, Christelle Bay, Riya Yuyda, Omezzine Khelifa, Rumbidzai Chisenga. Register here.
- “Screening: ‘Orla Tinsley: Warrior.'” Wednesday, May 8, 4 pm. Dodge Hall, Screening Room 411. Orla Tinsley and Phillip Lopate.
Student Event Spotlight
If your club or organization is interested in having your event featured here, please submit them to email@example.com or using our Events Submission Form.
Monday, May 6
Tuesday, May 7
- “Journalism and the Russia Investigation.” 12:30 pm. Pulitzer Hall, Stabile Student Center. Ben Smith (Buzzfeed), Jeffrey Toobin (The New Yorker), and Marcy Wheeler (EmptyWheel.net), moderated by Keith Gessen.
- “Exhibit: Art & Science in Archaeological Illustration.” 5 – 6:30 pm. 963 Schermerhorn Ext. Featuring work by Priya Barchi, Walter Burgos, Zhuo Diao, Sarah Elston, Ivy Fletcher, Asta Halvorsen, Yangchun Liu, Junho Park, Cleo Payne, Karla Puga, Iris Querenet, Jennifer Todaro, Michaela Warshaw, Riva Weinstein, & Lani Wyman. A reception will follow.
- “The Scandal That Won’t Go Away: On Covering Abuse In the Catholic Church.” 6 – 7:30 pm. Pulitzer Hall, 601B. David Gibson.
Wednesday, May 8
Thursday, May 9
Friday, May 10
Hallowed hall via Bwarchives