Bwog Remembers What It Learned! It Totally Remembers!
It is a cold hard fact that students forget what they learned in school over summer vacation…but winter break is shorter and so we must remember more of what we learned, right? Right??
Bwog was recently asked what it remembered learning in class last semester, anything from something as specific as “the runtime of printing out a list is O(n)” (Data Structures in Java) to the downright zany (see literally any of the entries below):
- An unspecified class: We don’t force humans to mate. That’s not what a pedigree is
- Contemporary Civilization: There is a dick joke in Saint Augustine’s City of God
- Origins and Meaning: Our entire reality is nothing more than particles from and the void
- Contemporary Civilization (again): Aristotle was a real aggressive type-A sorta bastard
- Science Fiction: Frankenstein is an AI novel???
- Origins and Meaning (again): The heat death of the universe is actually okay because if we wait long enough a whole new universe might actually emerge.
- Narratives of Colonial Encounter: John Donne is extremely horny and sometimes he uses colonization metaphors to make his point.
- Intro to Linguistics: [h] is a shitty, pointless follower letter that rarely emerges on its own.
- Greek Myth in Greek & Roman Art: Ancient Greeks were afraid of women
- Archaeology of Ancient Egypt & Nubia: Everything Akhenaten touched turned to weird
- Intro to American Politics: The only poll you can trust is the Iowa Caucus
- Intro to American Politics (again): If the Senate and House had their fair share of plumbers and farmers as incumbents, the good old USA would become a much better place
- Beginning Poetry Workshop: A poem is an egg with a horse inside of it.
Don’t let people tell you Bwog didn’t earn their money’s worth last semester.