If you spent all of high school daydreaming about living in a beautiful brownstone, put 627 W 115th Street at the top of your housing wishlist.
Location: 627 W 115th St. (between Riverside and Broadway)
- Nearby dorms: Woodbridge, Schapiro, the 600s, River
- Stores and Restaurants: Morton Williams, Starbucks, Sweetgreen, Shake Shack, the Columbia University Bookstore (if you’re into that?), Pret
Cost: Upperclassmen housing rates for 2022-2023 are projected to be $11,026/year.
- Bathrooms: One per apartment, and it’s your job to clean it
- AC/Heating: No AC, but hey, pobody’s nerfect!
- Kitchen: One private kitchen in each apartment with a fridge, sink, and stove
- Lounge: No building lounge
- Laundry: Free and in the basement
- Computers/Printing: No computer room or printers, so plan on stopping at Butler before class
- Gym: No gym or fitness room, but Dodge is free!
- Elevator: None! This is the true NYC experience, folks!
- Hardwood/Carpet: Gorgeous gorgeous hardwood
- Roof: Yes! And it is apparently accessible!
- 5 3-person suites
- 1 single (101-145 square feet), 1 double (158-219 square feet)
- 5 studio doubles (317-456 square feet)
- 4 studio singles (200-250 square feet)
- 1 studio triple (923 square feet)
- Data from 2021 room selection shows that the make-up is 50% juniors, 38% seniors, and 12% mixed-point groups.
You didn’t think living in a brownstone would come easy, did you? What 627 W 115th St lacks in AC, elevators, fitness rooms, computers, lounges, and printers, it makes up for in good old-fashioned Big Apple charm! The apartments are spacious and its location is right by campus, so if you’re looking for an authentic NYC experience with your friends, check it out!
Images via Bwog Archives.