Suite-seeking seniors rejoice! If you’d rather have a dishwasher than AC, Hogan might just be for you!
Location: 566 West 114th Street (just off of Broadway). Shares an entrance with Broadway Hall.
Nearby dorms: Broadway (uses the same entrance), Ruggles, Carman, John Jay, all the 114th brownstones (Frat Row), River (ish) and Schapiro (kinda).
Nearby stores and restaurants: Starbucks, Dos Toros, Wu and Nussbaum, Sweetgreen, International, Community Food and Juice, Junzi, Dig Inn, Milano, Le Monde, Tom’s, Book Culture, and University Hardware.
Cost: Upperclass rates are projected to be $11,026/year for 2022-2023.
- 4-, 5-, and 6-person suites with single rooms
- 26 suites total
- 116 singles total
- Floors two through six have three 4-person suites and two 5-person suites
- Floor seven is a 6-person suite with the Senior RA
- Bathroom: One private bathroom per suite, which is the residents’ responsibility to clean.
- AC/Heating: No AC, but there is heating in each bedroom.
- Lounge: Hogan residents have access to all Broadway lounges. Each suite has a pretty large living room with a couch, coffee table, comfy chair, and dining table.
- Kitchen: Each suite has a private kitchen with a dishwasher; these are the residents’ responsibility to clean.
- Laundry: One free laundry room on the 7th floor.
- Bike storage: There is a small bike storage room on the first floor.
- Computers/printers: Hogan residents have access to the Broadway Hall computer lab and print station.
- Gym: Hogan residents have access to Broadway’s fitness room.
- Hardwood/carpet: All hardwood/linoleum. Carpet only in hallways.
- Intra-transportation: One elevator.
Room Selection data from 2021 shows that this building was 100% seniors.
Below are the lottery numbers for 2017-2019:
- 4-Person Suites: 30/1292 (2018-19), 30/1812 (2017-8)
- 2 in 4 Person Suite w/ RA: 30/2423 (2018-9), 30/1811 (2017-8)
- 5-Person Suites: 30/1534 (2018-9), 30/2189 (2017-8)
- 4 in 6 Person Suite w/RA: 30/1499 (2018-9), 30/1864 (2017-2018)
Hogan has a great location with easy access to both campus and Broadway, as well as relatively large singles. Its access to Broadway’s amenities is a plus, as well as the dishwashers in every suite. If you are a rising senior with a good lottery number, and don’t mind the lack of AC, definitely consider living in Hogan!
- “Rooms are a pretty good size but definitely vary within your suite. (I lived in the RA room so it was pretty big and amazing, but my friend lived in a much smaller room. More similar to a Broadway single. My suitemates had room sizes in between).”
- “The living rooms in Hogan are super spacious and can fit a ton of people.”
- “High ceilings: if you aren’t facing a wall you can get some good light.”
- “The location is so much better than EC, but you still get your own room, a living room, and a kitchen.”
- “Big communal closets for storage!”
- “Toilets are weirdly short. I don’t really know why.”
- “Don’t trust the dishwasher.”
All images via Bwog Archives.