Staying on campus for Thanksgiving week? Enjoy your break with some fun Columbia-sponsored events to keep you busy when classes are out!
Here at Bwog, we do our best to bring your attention to important guest lecturers and special events on campus. If you have a correction or addition, let us know in the comments or email email@example.com.
Student Event Spotlight
- None this week! Have a lovely Thanksgiving break <3
If your club or organization is interested in having your event featured in our weekly roundup, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on Instagram @bwog.
- On Monday, November 21, at 6:30 pm EST, the Institute for Research in African-American Studies (IRAAS) will host a panel discussion celebrating the new 25th anniversary edition of Professor Saidiya Hartman’s book Scenes of Subjugation: Terror, Slavery, and Self-Making in Nineteenth Century America. The discussion, featuring professors and scholars, will take place in Wood Auditorium in Avery Hall (in the basement!), and will also be live-streamed online. Please register online to attend.
- On Tuesday, November 22, from 6:30 to 10 pm, University Life will be taking students on a trip to see Wakanda Forever at the Magic Johnson movie theater in Harlem. Please register online.
- On Wednesday, November 23, from 4 to 6 pm, there will be a postcard-writing event in the Multicultural Affairs Lounge in Lerner 505 where students can send their friends and family some love from Columbia. Postcards and postage will be provided (international and domestic)! Attendees can also enter a raffle for free tickets to see KPOP: The Musical on Broadway that same night at 7 pm!
- On Thursday, November 24, from 11 am to 1 pm, Columbia University Life is hosting a Thanksgiving lunch for Columbia College and Columbia Engineering students in John Jay Dining Hall! According to the website, registration closed on November 18, but it might be worth emailing to see if there will be any extra room.
- On Friday, November 25, from 1 to 4 pm, there will be a group outing to the Bryant Park Winter Village open to all Columbia students for a fun afternoon of holiday shopping and ice skating (skates provided). Please be sure to leave bags and belonging on campus, otherwise there is an additional $5 fee that you will be expected to cover on your own upon arrival to the skating rink. Please register online!
- Not this week, but coming up soon… on Friday, December 2, Columbia Health will be hosting a Study Break in Butler Library where Columbia and Barnard students can take a break and engage in some healthy stress coping through relaxing activities, hanging out with therapy dogs (available starting at 1 pm, first come, first serve), and meeting representatives from various campus resources.
Pretty ginkgo leaves via Pixabay