Written by Bwog Staff
April 08, 20179:58 pm 0 Comments
the one day a year Columbia tries to be happy
Any visitor to Columbia during Bacchanal will see campus completely transformed. Check out the fun, fresh, (and sometimes questionable) activities that your fellow Columbians engaged in!
– Went to Carnegie Hall mildly drunk
– Declined an invitation to KDR
– Walked into sig nu and immediately left and went back to bed for a few hours
– Went to a frat (Beta and KDR) for the first time ever
– Went to a frat (sig nu?), made out with a guy that was my architect arch nemesis last semester. Tbh kinda hot
– Got many compliments on my shirt with a picture of carravigio’s bacchus with marijuana leaves in his hair
– Officially became the mom of my friend group/fraternity
– Made friends with a lovely security guard named Valentine. In general the backstage staff did phenomenal work for such a difficult job and I have so much love for them!
– Met my celebrity crush, Almand
– Tried to do some reading on the lawns but ended up taking a nap instead
– Waked and baked
– Started drinking at 7:30am
– Was decently drunk by 9am
– Was fully asleep in my bed by 2:30pm.
– Slept until 7:30pm. Missed the whole concert
– My friend was carrying my bottle of tequila in a canvas bag and it ripped open and smashed on the ground in front of ec during holi. Me and my friends left as fast as possible.
– Blacked out. When my friend came to check on me I was peeing in my trash can
– Tried a new drug
– Danced onstage with AlunaGeorge
Bacchanal via Bwog
Tags: broccoli, craziest weekend since nsop, every dorm on campus was basically ec, field notes, fun fresh fierce, until next year
Written by Alex Tang
April 08, 201710:05 am 0 Comments
everyone get ready to partaaaaaay
Happening in the United States: On Friday, California Governor Jerry Brown ended the drought emergency for the vast majority of the state. His announcement is a formal announcement that California’s six-year drought has finally ended. (The New York Times)
Happening in New York City: The New York Police Department (NYPD) will be starting the use of body cameras on 1,200 of its police officers by the end of the month. (CBS New York)
Happening on Campus: Unless you’re living under a rock (or in Carlton Arms), you know that today’s Bacchanal! Pick up your wristbands by 12pm at your designated area, and get to the concert by 12:30pm! Be safe and have fun!
Overheard: “I dare you to only speak in adjectives for the whole day.”
Helpful Bacchanal Tips: If you haven’t already, check out Bwog’s compiled list of advice for today’s bacchanalian festivities! Here are our three of our favorite tips from the list:
Tags: bwoglines, have fun but be safe!, look at our school spirit, still waiting for lady gaga to make a surprise appearance, tbt the bacchae from lithum, the one day a year that columbia has fun
What are you dreading existentially right now?
Go back in history.
© 2006-2015 Blue and White Publishing Inc.