Rush Bwog And Become A Staff Writer
Written by Betsy Ladyzhets
There are two things Bwog can never get enough of: green grapes, and Staff Writers. While Dailies are the backbone of our structure, Staff Writers are the backbone of our content – they pitch ideas for articles, attend events, and generally keep our creative juices flowing.
Staff Writers can be anyone from first-years looking to dip their toes in Columbia journalism to seniors who have a little too much free time their final semester, and anyone from art history majors procrastinating on reading about columns to biology majors who come up with weird conspiracy theories when they’re peering into microscopes for hours. Staff Writers are “required” to write ten posts per semester. This spring, Bwog is particularly hoping to recruit STEM-minded staffers, as we have big plans for expanding our science coverage – email email@example.com to learn more about those plans.
If you’re interested, come learn more about Bwog and bring your biggest, baddest pitches to our first open meeting of the semester this Sunday. Then, if you like what you see, fill out the application below. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on Friday, January 26 in the form of a Google doc or .PDF document titled “*First Name* App.”
- Tell us about one Bwog post you liked, one post you didn’t like, and why for both.
- What is your favorite tag?
- Come up with three sample post ideas that you would like to see on Bwog.
- Draw Bwog.
- Why do you want to join Bwog?
- What do you think Bwog is?
- You’re taking Bwog out on a date! What would you do? Where would you go?
- What about Columbia might you be interested in writing about?
- Send us a screenshot or list of the bookmarked Favorites on your browser.
Those grapes were green before we de-saturated them for printing purposes, we swear via Betsy Ladyzhets