40s On 40: To Go At 12:18 Or 2:18?
Written by Bwog Staff
For those of our readers who are underclassmen, tonight is 40s on 40, a chance for seniors to drink excessive amounts of light beer on Low Steps forty days (sort of) before graduation. It’s actually 40 days until Columbia College Class Day (if you consider the 40 days to start after midnight), but whatever.
According to recent tradition, this drunken mating ritual starts according to class year–2:16 for 2016, 2:17 for 2017, etc. Apparently one minute past 2:17 was too late for some people, though, leading to an exhausting slew of pandering and re-scheduling. The event was moved to 12:18, which led to more complaints, and now Senior Underground has offered both options (which kind of goes against the whole idea of coming together as a class before graduation…).
So, what’s a senior to do? Go to the 12:18 one (perhaps more sensible but due to bring out a more boring crowd) or the 2:18 one (you’ll definitely wake up still drunk tomorrow morning)? Go at 12:18 and stay through 2:18? Say fuck it to both and write your paper that’s due tomorrow?
We’ve thought up a few scenarios and the solutions to each:
- Got a Senior Scramble match? Go at 12:18 and stay through 2:18 because you don’t know when your match will show up, and you don’t want to miss a chance to sloppily make out on the steps.
- Didn’t get a Senior Scramble match? Go late and stay late. There will surely be other desperate stragglers.
- Need to write a paper tonight? Write until 2:10-ish, then go. Try to wake up as early as possible tomorrow to put on any finishing touches.
- Get kicked out of last week’s Senior Night because you blacked out? Maybe split a 40 with a friend and retire to bed early (so go at 12:18).
- An underclassman? Don’t fucking come to 40s on 40! Your ass isn’t graduating!
We’ve also asked our senior Bwoggers what they will be doing:
- Ross will be going at 12:18 because “2:18 is for suckers.”
- Megan is currently at 1020, but will “head over at like 12:30?”
- Rachel is writing a paper, and may just skip it.
Tags: 40oz, 40s on 40, guess whose fridge, if u go and ur an underclassman i'll kill u, ross and rachel, s/o to SÜ, senior scramble, we also heard the senior scramble algorithm fucked up ..... or maybe that's just what people are telling themselves to make themselves feel better