Become A Daily Editor And Keep Bwog’s Wheels Turning
Written by Bwog Staff
If you stopped by Bwog’s table at the Activities Fair today, you might have heard Zack Abrams, our Social Media Editor, say, “You know those bikes where, like, six people are pedaling together in a circle? Bwog is like that.”
If Bwog is, in fact, a conference bike, then Daily Editors are the wheels that keep that bike moving. They are the very backbone of our organization, the glue that keeps us from spiraling apart in an inevitable heat death of boxed wine and green grapes. If our editorial board all perished in a freak subway accident, we would be sad, but we would move on. If our Daily Editors left us, we would never recover.
The job of a Daily Editor is to manage Bwog one day each week. On that day, the Daily writes a couple of posts (Bwoglines, an announcement, maybe a shortform), edits and schedules several other posts, covers breaking news, and does anything else necessary to keep the site running. Perks include: you become infinitely familiar with WordPress, you learn about campus news as it’s happening, you get an excuse to yell at staff writers, and you write the tags.
If you’re interested, fill out the application below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on Friday, September 14. Applications should be submitted in the form of a .PDF document titled “*First Name* App.” Bring any questions you have to our first open meeting this Sunday! Or, if you can’t make the meeting, send your questions to email@example.com.
Daily Editor application:
- What do you think Bwog is?
- Tell us about one Bwog post you liked, one post you didn’t like, and why for both.
- Draw Bwog.
- Why do you want to join Bwog?
- You’re taking Bwog out on a date! What would you do? Where would you go?
- You have half an hour to write a short Bwog post. What do you write about?
- What do you do to stay organized? How would you encourage writers to stay organized (i.e. get their posts in on time)?
- Compose a haiku about your NSOP experience.
- What three days work best for you to Daily?
flyer via Youngweon Lee
Tags: daily editor, deleted question: if you were piloting bwog's conference bike where would you take us, everyone on our eboard started out as a daily, if you're applying to be a daily keep your evening of saturday 9/15 open, rushbwog, rushbwog2018, staff writer app will be posted tomorrow, we would die without our dailies