Don’t Become an Icicle
Written by Bwog Staff
Due to the snow that has fallen upon Columbia, CU Public Safety sent out a text that the Morningside evening shuttle service has been suspended. Also, Columbia University Facilities sent out an email saying that the gates near Chapel, Earl Hall, and CEPSR might not be open before 10 am tomorrow morning. Stay warm and safe, Columbia, and send your snow shenanigans to [email protected].
Dear Fellow Members of the Columbia Community,
As snow accumulates this evening, the Emergency Management Operations Team continues to monitor conditions. The University is taking the following preventive measures:
- The Morningside evening shuttle has been suspended due to hazardous road conditions.
- Gate closures may go into effect for snow removal.For Thursday morning we plan to have the following Morningside gates open:
- The Main Gates on Broadway and Amsterdam at 116th Street
- John Jay
- Carman Hall
- LernerThe following gates may not be open before 10:00 am Thursday:
- Earl Hall
The safety of our students and campus community is paramount. Columbia University Facilities will be available to assist you with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call (212) 854-2222. The Hartley Hospitality Desk will also be open, at (212) 854-2779.
To report an emergency on campus please call Public Safety at (212) 854-5555. For medical or off-campus emergencies, please call 911.
For more information on storm preparedness for yourself and your family, please visit:
- The New York City Severe Weather website:
- The National Weather Service storm preparedness page:
Executive Vice President
Columbia University Facilities