DevFest: Free Food and Hacking in Abundance
Written by Bwog Staff
Whether you have a way with program language or you just want to eat free snacks while trying your hand at coding, DevFest is the event to attend this week. With 830 registered participants and counting, the event kicks off at noon today. There are workshops geared toward beginners all week as well as open hacking in Mudd’s Computer Science Lounge every night. The week culminates with a 24-hour Hackathon for
crazy hardcore programmers.
Here’s what the schedule looks like for this kickoff Saturday:
- 12 pm – 12:30 pm: DevFest knows how to start an event off right, with lunch in the Davis Auditorium.
- 12:30 pm – 1 pm: The official “Kickoff” takes place in the Davis Auditorium and Mudd 833.
- 1 pm – 2 pm: Hackers get to meet with other hackers, pitch ideas, and form teams in the Davis Auditorium.
- 1 pm – 4 pm: Inexperienced hackers can learn how to set up their computer for the week. The location is still TBA, which makes Bwog nervous, because this is probably where we should be.
- 2 pm – 12 am: Open hacking will take place in Mudd’s CS Lounge. We encourage you to go 10 hours, nonstop. Especially since there will be food!
- 4 pm – 6 pm: New programmers will have a chance to get introduced to the language Python. Again, stay tuned for the location.
Get your hacking fingers ready. Or, if computers frighten you, at least show up to remind your hackathoning friends to take a break every 12 hours or so.
Our hackers aren’t as creepy as this guy via Shutterstock
Tags: application development initiative, bwog's attention span is approximately 20 minutes so we won't make it through the hackathon, can you imagine coding for 24 straight hours?, code your way to free food, devfest, free food, get ready, hackathoning, some hackers are good