Where Art Thou?
Written by Bwog Staff
Just realized that midterm season is (once again/always) upon us? Us too. Since you obviously need a break/distraction, artsy fartsy Arts Editor Kyra Bloom brings you happenin’ things on and around campus.
- A cappella groups The Kingsmen, SHARP, and Jubilation! are all doing Valentine’s-grams, so pay up to give your honey a song and potentially embarrass them in front of a lecture full of people. Check the Lerner ramps and Facebook groups to purchase and/or for locations.
- Art Spiegelman, the Pulitzer-prize winning author of Maus, and Françoise Mouly, New Yorker art editor, are talking about their life together as well as their life’s work at 7:30 pm at Symphony Space in the Thalia Theatre. Tickets are $15 through the Arts Initiative to hear this iconic couple speak about their incredible experience filled with stories and art.
- The lovely Schapiro lounge is hosting a “Roast of Love” on Thursday night, featuring Control Top, Chowdah, Fruit Paunch, and some brave stand-up student performers. The event promises it to be an evening of “hatin’ on love,” so go on over if that’s something that appeals to you.
- GLASS HOUSE ROCKS is also the same evening, complete with an Under the Sea theme. Tons of student groups are participating, and there’s an “underwater-themed carnival in Roone!” (?!?!?) Come out and support your many peers that make this event possible.
- Sabor is having their first Spring semester workshop…and it’s free! Bring your other half to Lerner 477 at 5 pm for an hour of salsa instruction, followed by an hour of social dancing. Hint: it’s good practice if you want to attend Sabor auditions later this weekend!
- The first ever Ivy Ballet Exchange Performance is happening this Saturday at 8 pm and Sunday at 3 pm in Miller Theatre. The show will feature dancers and pieces from our own CBC, Harvard Ballet Company (HBC), and Princeton University Ballet (PUB). Tickets are $10 with a student ID (presumably of any kind, so check it out online or call the box office!
- Plucking at Your Heartstrings: Columbia Classical Performers teams up with the *new* Columbia Piano Club at 7 pm in Lerner C555. The Piano Club will feature jazz sax and a few fun selections to balance out the more classical portion of the evening.
Underwater extravaganza via Shutterstock
Tags: art spiegelman!! francoise mouly!!, everything in lerner always, ivy ballet exchange do we just switch ballerinas like foreign exchange students, lotsa a cappella, midterm season/month/year/life, plucking at your heartstrings that's quite witty actually good work team, roast of love hate on love lol how paradoxical, that's why it's hotter under the water, valentine grams: embarrass your sweetie as much as is humanly possible it'll totally get you laid, where art thou?