We’re all back on campus, so you know what that means: every single performance group is once again soliciting actors, musicians, and other creative types to staff its shows for the semester. Audition season isn’t as insane this semester as it was in the fall, but Hamilton will still be crowded with solos and Shakespeare monologues each night this week. Check the list below for all the audition events we could find; more detailed information can be found in the linked Facebook events and in CUPAL’s conglomerate spring auditions Facebook event.
If we missed your group, let us know in the comments or via email@example.com and we’ll add your info!
- A Cappella: Several a cappella groups are holding auditions in Hamilton today, tomorrow, and Thursday (1/22, 1/23, 1/24) in Hamilton; these groups include (but are not limited to) Uptown Vocal, Bacchantae, the Columbia Glee Club, Columbia Sur, SHARP, Metrotones, and Clefhangers.
- Bach Society: The Columbia Bach Society, self-described as “fun, funky, and fresh,” is holding auditions for vocal and wind musicians this Saturday (1/26) and Sunday (1/27) in Dodge 404. Sign up for an audition slot here. And, no, your audition piece does not need to be Bach.
- Barnard College Department of Theatre: The Theatre Department is putting on three shows this semester as part of its Senior Thesis Festival: pool (no water) by Mark Ravenhill, The Spirit of Man by Peter Barnes, and Trifles by Susan Glaspell. All three shows are holding auditions today and tomorrow in the Minor Latham Playhouse (Milbank Hall 118); see the Facebook event and/or go to the Info Meeting at 5:30 pm today for more information.
- Columbia Ballet Collaborative: CBC is holding auditions for their spring show this Saturday (1/26) in Barnard’s Studio 1. According to their Facebook event, “the audition will consist of a ballet class followed by pointe work and choreography.”
- Columbia Musical Theater Society: Today, tomorrow, and Thursday (1/22, 1/23, 1/24) in Hamilton, you can audition and interview for CMTS’s two spring musicals: Godspell and Camelot. CMTS is also bringing back the 24-hour musical this spring; the musical is High School Musical, and the auditions are Saturday, 2/2 from 10 am to 1:30 pm and Sunday, 2/3 from 12 to 4 pm (HSM interviews will take place with the interviews for Godspell and Camelot.)
- Columbia University Ballet Ensemble: CUBE is putting on Don Quixote this semester. Auditions for the show will be held this Sunday (1/27) in Barnard’s Studio 1; registration starts at 12:30 pm, and the audition will run from 1 to 4. All those who audition will be cast.
- CU Players: CU Players is “seeking actors, dancers, and production team members” for their spring production which will be The Hungry Woman: A Mexican Medea. Auditions will be held today, tomorrow, and Thursday (1/22, 1/23, 1/24) in Hamilton from 8 to 11 pm. And, at the very same time, you can audition for CUP’s one-act festival, which will bring together 4 one-act plays of different genres, creative teams, and actors.
- King’s Crown Shakespeare Troupe: This semester, KCST will put on its annual Spring Show, a Shakespeare play performed outside, across campus, and, if last year’s Hamlet was any indication, with a lot of gay undertones. This year’s Spring Show is Romeo & Juliet, and this year’s auditions and interviews will take place in Hamilton today, tomorrow, and Thursday (1/22, 1/23, 1/24) from 8 to 11 pm. All those who audition or interview will be part of the show.
- NOMADS: NOMADS is putting on two new, original, student-written plays this semester: Imperson All by Amanda McDougall (CC’21) and Lucky by Phanesia Pharel (BC’21). Both shows are holding auditions and interviews, you guessed it, today, tomorrow, and Thursday (1/22, 1/23, 1/24) in Hamilton from 8 to 11 pm. Lucky is specifically seeking actors who are Latinx, Caribbean, and other People of Color, and actors who speak Spanish or Haitian Creole.
- New Opera Workshop: NOW will produce a full-length opera this semester; the opera they put on will be decided after auditions. Auditions and interviews will take place for singers, rehearsal pianists, orchestra musicians, and costume/set/lighting designers this Thursday (1/24) from 6 to 7:30 pm in Lerner 555, Friday (1/25) from 8 to 9:30 pm in Dodge 620, and Saturday (1/26) from 1 to 4 pm in Dodge 620. NOW asks anyone interested to sign up on this Google form prior to attending auditions.
- Orchesis: Orchesis, the largest student-led dance group on campus, is seeking dancers of all skill levels for their spring showcase. Auditions will take place in Barnard’s Studio 1 this Saturday (1/26) from 9 to 11 am and 12 to 2 pm, and this Sunday (1/27) from 9 to 11 am.
- UnTapped: CU UnTapped is holding “auditions” for novice and expert tappers alike this Sunday (1/27) from 7 to 8 pm in Barnard’s Streng Studio (the building between Barnard Hall and The Milstein Center). Everyone who auditions is cast; dancers can preview different pieces and choose which best suits their tapping fancy.
who will be the next LMM via Bwog Archives