Are you a rising senior looking with a good lottery number trying to avoid EC? Hogan might just be the perfect option for you!
Location: 566 West 114th Street (just off of Broadway). Shares an entrance with Broadway.
Nearby dorms: Broadway (use the same entrance), Ruggles, Carman, John Jay, Furnald, all the 114th brownstones.
Nearby stores and restaurants: Oren’s, Dos Toros, Wu and Nussbaum, Sweetgreen, International, Community Food and Juice, Junzi, Dig Inn, Milano, Le Monde, Tom’s, Book Culture, and University Hardware.
Cost: The upperclassmen rate for the 2023-2024 academic year is projected to be $11,574/year.
- 4, 5, and 6-person suites with single rooms
- 26 suites total
- All rooms are singles
- Floors two through six have three 4-person suites and two 5-person suites
- Floor seven is a 6-person suite with the Senior RA
- Bathroom: Shared with your suite, cleaned once per week.
- AC/Heating: No A/C, but like all dorms, every room is heated.
- Lounge: Each suite has a large common area with a couch, coffee table, comfy chair, and dining table.
- Kitchen: Not only does each suite have a kitchen—but the kitchens have dishwashers!
- Laundry: Laundry room is on the 7th floor.
- Fire escape: None.
- Bike storage: Bike storage room on the first floor.
- Computers/printers: Shared computer lab and printers with Broadway.
- Gym: Residents have access to a gym on the fourth floor of Broadway, which is connected to Hogan
- Hardwood/carpet: Rooms are hardwood, and hallways are carpeted.
- Intra-transportation: One elevator.
Numbers from 2022:
- 100% of Hogan residents are seniors.
- Last year, all Hogan four-person suites were gone on the first day of housing selection.
- Last year, all five-person suites were gone by day two of housing selection.
Hogan offers an appealing alternative to EC for seniors with excellent lottery numbers. Although it doesn’t have AC, it offers pretty much all the same amenities and is in a much more convenient location. Plus, the fact that all the rooms are singles eliminates having to figure out who will get put into a double.
- “More convenient location than EC, pretty much all the same amenities, and you don’t have to deal with EC craziness when you go home.”
- “Room size varies between the different suites from decently sized singles to massive singles. Either way, you win.”
- “Common area is huge, and makes it super easy to host people if you want to.”
Images via Bwarchives