Baking With Bwog: Special Brownies
Written by Bwog Staff
With fall quickly approaching, Baker Bwoggers Courtney Couillard, Lila Etter, and another staffer spent an afternoon working on a fun baking project to share with all of you amateur college cookers.
Upon deciding what to bake, we knew we wanted to go with a classic. But not just some boring version—something that had a bougie edge to make sure we got a ton of likes on our Instagrams of the final result. We settled on a wacky variation of the beloved brownie. Layered with pretzels, brownie, and caramel, we set out to create the world’s most beautiful store bought creation.
- Store bought brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Caramel sauce
- Pretzels (they should be as flat as possible apparently?)
- Lots of Pam
- Go to the store and buy all of the ingredients. As Ina Garten would say, if you don’t have GOOOOOD ingredients, store bought is FINE.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. (It took us a couple minutes to figure out how to turn on a gas stove. Hopefully you will be better at this than we were.)
- Pam the shit out of the pan. We don’t want no stick.
- Lay those pretzels down like you mean it (on the bottom of the pan).
- Mix brownie ingredients (mix, eggs, oil, water) together in a bowl – 50 strokes minimum, 50 strokes maximum. 50 strokes or no deal. One Bwogger said, “I’ve never had someone else counting my strokes like this before.”
- Pour the brownie mix with pride over the pretzels. Even out the mix in the pan.
- Take your jar of caramel and pour as you see fit. But bear in mind, if you don’t pour in an artistic fashion, you will regret it later. Extra points for a nice swirl.
- Shake some salt on top until you think it looks salty enough.
- Pop the brownies into the oven for about 40 minutes. To be honest, we definitely didn’t keep track of the time after the 30 minute mark, so just pull them out when it’s only gooey in the very middle.
- Let the brownies chill on the stove. Admire your work. It’s almost as if you made it all homemade. Ina would be proud.
- Grab your Jeffrey and dig into the brownies. Don’t forget a glass of (soy) milk and enjoy.
Tags: 'is it hard? then it's a pretzel', 50 strokes of brownie, baking at barnard, baking with bwog, brownies, but not actually, cooking with bwog, ina is life goals, plimp's kitchen... hell's kitchen, special brownies, store bought is aight, the jeffrey to my ina, what makes these brownies special? bwog love of course, when will we find our jeffrey