A Guide To Jobs On Campus
Written by Jenny Zhu
According to CCE, there is currently “no centralized resource for finding [casual] on-campus employment.” Helpful. Whether you’re looking for a work-study job or are just looking for some extra pocket money, we’ve amassed a list of jobs on and around campus that are available for all to apply to, as well as some helpful details. Enjoy!
- Columbia Center for Student Advising hires CC/SEAS peer tutors. They’re mostly looking for tutors for large STEM lecture classes. Freshmen are not eligible. They pay $18/hr.
- GS Academic Resource Center hires GS peer tutors. They hire for math, science, and foreign language subjects. They pay $18/hour.
- Barnard hires Barnard tutors, who work anywhere between 2 and 10 hours per week. All but first-semester freshmen are eligible. They pay $15/hour.
- Columbia Student Calling Center hires student callers, who work part-time for 9 hours/week, with flexible shifts. They pay $15/hr.
- Columbia Libraries hires part-time library assistants. To apply, fill out an application in Butler 519 from 9 am to 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday. They pay $13.50/hr.
- Community Impact provides tutoring for high school equivalency tests in NY, TASC, and English. Shifts run from 9 am to 8:30 pm. They pay $14.25/hr.
- Tompkins Hall is searching for spring teachers’ assistants. Because there’s no opening posted online, we suggest inquiring by sending an email to email@example.com or calling them at 212-854-9601. They pay $13.50/hr.
- Public Safety hires part-time residence hall aides, student escorts, and desk assistants. To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. They pay $15/hr.
- Various on-campus departments hire office assistants. One Bwogger is an events planner for the Human Rights department and is paid $15/hr. Googling “Office assistant Columbia” is a great starting point.
- Dodge Fitness Center has a range of open student positions, including lifeguards, referees, fitness staff, and camp counselors. The pay for these positions ranges from $12-$15/hr.
- Columbia Catering in University Events Management hires student caterers at the beginning of the year. We’re not sure if they hire in the middle of the year. Pay unknown.
- Pret A Manger hires baristas and team members. Bwog loves Pret. They pay $11/hr.
- Junzi Kitchen is currently hiring staffers (we indeed saw a “Now Hiring” sign on their window a couple days ago). Pay unknown.
- Many on-campus jobs are also available in Lionshare. If you look in the “Jobs” tab, there is a very convenient “on-campus” filter that can help you find positions. These jobs can range from flyering or more long-term openings.
Mo Money Fewer Problems via Bwog Archives
Tags: a student and a member of the workforce!, cash money flow, employment, how to pay off ur student loans, im at my job right now, inspiring, jobs, money, or buy some shake shack, whatever ur heart desires