Oren’s Extortion

kittenLooks like the baristas over at Oren’s Daily Roast are getting hard up for tips. Bwog is generally skeptical of those who exploit cute animals for monetary gain, but is willing to give them points for originality.

• DHI says:

@DHI I don’t understand why it’s double posting this comment, but any way my perspective is not that I don’t want to pay the tip but I don’t like that they get paid more than me for basically what I see as a very similar job (and an easier job than other, non-tipped food service jobs like runners and seaters at restaurants) whereas I do see that waiters deserve to be paid more.

• DHI says:

@DHI Dude what’s this shit about tipping at coffee shops. No fucking way.

Also clearly coffee shops are terrorists because the thing called the Americano has water in it of all things, extra water. I ordered one once because I was getting a free coffee and I wanted to be patriotic and it tasted terrible.

• DHI says:

@DHI Dude what’s this shit about tipping at coffee shops. No fucking way.

• get with it says:

@get with it you have to realize that these people make no money and your tips do actually matter. obviously you’ve never had a food service job, DHI.

1. DHI says:

@DHI Coffee shops get paid over minimum before tips, dude, and also have true shifts, unlike waiters who get called in and cut at will. I don’t see a reason they should get paid more than other jobs in their pay range – for example, lots of retail jobs or labor jobs in which you never get tips.
      It’s generally pretty much a non-issue because I’m really not every buying anything there, but there’s a big difference between coffee-shop jobs and real food service job, and less of a difference between coffee-shop work and retail work.

• UGH says:

@UGH They work hard to make your fucking latte; you can afford 50 cents.

• DHI says:

@DHI Dude what’s this shit about tipping at coffee shops. No fucking way.