British Boys Singing!

Satisfy your Anglophilia tonight at 6:00, when the Westminster Boys’ Choir will be performing in St. Paul’s Chapel. Westminster Abbey has been training boys in addition to its adult choir for at least six centuries, but this is the first United States tour for the little lads. Their normal routine at home in England includes singing Evensong six times a week and playing cricket, which is basically living the dream.

They know their stuff, too – they’ve sung for both Queen Elizabeth II and Pope John Paul II. As Her Majesty no doubt said after seeing the choir perform, blimey. Drop in, and brag to your Music Hum professor about it tomorrow.

Photo via the Sydney Morning Herald

• hos says:

@hos BLACK FOLK

• hos says:

@hos wow um i meant the souls of black folk the wonderful book i am reading

• LAUNDRY says:

@LAUNDRY Anyone else having problems with laundry view? The dorms aren’t listed anymore….

• They were says:

@They were Amazing! Max was SO good. And so was the little Indian boy on the other end. And how about that little blonde kid? He was so funny with his dramatic facial expressions!

• laundryview says:

@laundryview is fine for me. i don’t think it works if you’re using wireless.

• Impressive says:

@Impressive I heard rapper Jadakiss is coming to Columbia on Thursday too.

1. wait says:

@wait Jadakiss thursday before bacchanal? or tomorrow thurs

• Blimey! says:

@Blimey! A great performance. I’m not sure which was more entertaining: the choristers (who were excellent!) or the two little English boys (Wills and Angus; no lie) sitting next to me, talking about which song was the most boring and thanking God that the program was only one page long.

Is there a (non-acapella) choir at Columbia? Who can join, and how?

1. Bach Society says:

@Bach Society There sure is! http://www.columbia.edu/cu/bachsoc/

Where are you going this summer?

Why are all the characters in these cartoons wh*te? Is the author a secret white nationalist? (read more)
    COMIC: 5 Things I Wish I’d Known Before I Got To Columbia
    August 21, 2019
    Beware alcoholic professors controlled by scantily clad foreign satraps planted as their grad students. (read more)
    COMIC: 5 Things I Wish I’d Known Before I Got To Columbia
    August 21, 2019
    After coming to Columbia, I can't believe I even considered any other school. (read more)
    COMIC: 5 Things I Wish I’d Known Before I Got To Columbia
    August 21, 2019
    It figures, Diana's father in law was a confectioner in Rahway (read more)
    COMIC: 5 Things I Wish I’d Known Before I Got To Columbia