Every week, Bwog brings you the latest and greatest in your local fruits, veggies and meats so you’ll know which seasonal goodies to look out for at the Greenmarket this week!
- Raindance Farm is having a sausage sale.
- Watch out for Monkshood Nursery’s luscious red carrots.
- Stannard pumkins and squashes are here. Apparently the squashes in particular are beautiful to look at. They also have indian, sweet and bi-colored corn, and sell chicken, pork and beef.
- Knoll Krest is selling Challah bread
- Everyone’s excited about Gonzalez Farm’s okra.
- Next Sunday will be a kids day. The event will be from 12 to 1 at the market managers’ tent. There will be a scavenger hunt, apple tasting, children’s art as well as a information on canning by Beth Linskey from Beth’s Farm Kitchen
- Join farmers from Greenmarket for Sunday Farmer’s Supper at Henry’s Restaurant (Bway & 105th) on September 26th from 5pm to 8pm. It’s a three course dinner featuring food from the market and wine from Red Tail Ridge. Dinner is $65 and it will all benefit the Greenmarket’s Youth Education Project. Reservations are required. Sign up at the market or at Henry’s.
- There’s a frequent shoppers program for those with EBT. Get your receipt stamped when you make a purchase of $10 or more from your account. 5 stamps = 2 greenbucks!
- They have free token pouches!
- You can use your credit/debit card to buy tokens that can be used in the market at the manager’s table.
Photo via Wikimedia Commons