Morningside Almanac: Week of 9/8
Written by Bwog Staff
Broadway between 114th and 116th (in front of Lerner) is the place to be today if you have yet to stock up on fridge fodder. If you want to stave off the freshman (or sophomore… or junior) 15, and you kinda dig supporting local farmers, then Columbia Greenmarket is your best bet every Thursday and Sunday. Bwog will keep you updated on the veteran vendors and new additions each week.
Here is this week’s lineup:
- A newcomer to the market fare: grapes and grape juice from New York’s finger lakes region.
- Dairy from Ronnybrook and Millport (including yogurt drinks and whoopie pies!)
- Over 60 varieties of apples from Samascott’s Orchard
- Freshly cut flowers, potted plants, and a variety of melons and vegetables from Hodgsons farm
- Individual sized Focaccia
- Beef, pork, and chicken
- Local wine
- Beer on Sunday
- Maple syrup
As has always been, and forever will be, EBT, debit, and credit are accepted.
(*Yeah, that’s a Brule reference.)