What To Watch And Know To Prep For This Week
Written by Bwog Staff
Update: Dig the song? Listen and download here
If you’re looking to get a little nostalgic/teary-eyed in the privacy of your room (and the usual tricks just aren’t cutting it), you can thank Pat Blute, Evan Johnston, and Matt Star for the next 4 minutes of your morning:
You can find information about times, dates, and places of this week’s festivities after the jump.
- Obamanard happens on South Lawn at 12:30 pm.
- Ursula Burns, SEAS ‘82, chairman and CEO of Xerox Corporation, speaks at the SEAS Class Day on South Lawn at 4:30 p.m.
- John “Rick” MacArthur, CC ’78, publisher and president of Harper’s magazine, speaks at the Columbia College Class Day on South Lawn, at 9:30 a.m.
- David Brooks, columnist at The New York Times, delivers Columbia Journalism School’s Pringle Lecture in Miller Theatre at 10:00 a.m.
- Adrian Benepe, JRN ’81, commissioner of City of New York Parks and Recreation, speaks at the School of Continuing Education Class Day in Roone Arlegde Auditorium (in Lerner) at 5:00 p.m.
- Susan B. Hassmiller, senior adviser for nursing at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and director of its Initiative on the Future of Nursing, speaks at the School of Nursing Graduation and White Coat Ceremony, at the New Balance Track & Field Arena (216 Fort Washington Ave. at 168th St) at 10:00 a.m.
- George Davies, professor at Armstrong State University, speaks at the Doctor of Physical Therapy Graduation in the Alumni Auditorium, at 10:30 a.m.
- Under-secretary-general and executive director of U.N. Women and former president of ChileMichelle Bachelet, speaks at the Mailman School of Public Health Graduation Ceremony in the New Balance Track & Field Arena (216 Fort Washington Ave. at West 168th Street), at 4:00 p.m.
- Commencement begins at 10:15 a.m. with the academic procession.
- Elizabeth Nabel, president of Brigham and Women’s Hospital and former director of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, speaks at the College of Physicians and Surgeons Graduation Ceremony in the New Balance Track & Field Arena (216 Fort Washington Ave. at West 168th Street), at 2:00 p.m.
- David V. Picker, film producer and studio executive, speaks at the School of the Arts Celebration of Graduates in Miller Theatre at 2:00 p.m.
- Bob Herbert, distinguished senior fellow at Demos and former columnist at The New York Times, speaks at the School of Social Work Commencement Ceremony at the Beacon Theatre (2124 Broadway) at 2:00 p.m.
- Katherine Boo, author and staff writer at The New Yorker, speaks at the Columbia Journalism School Graduation Ceremony in Roone Arledge Auditorium (Lerner), 3:00 p.m.
- Tara Sonenshine, under secretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs, speaks at the School of International and Public Affairs Graduation Ceremony on South Lawn at 11:00 a.m.
- Donald B. Verrilli Jr., LAW ‘83, Solicitor General of the United States, speaks at the Columbia Law School Graduation on South Lawn at 3:30 p.m.
- Robert Renner, DEN ’68, ‘71, founder of KIDS International Dental Services and professor emeritus at Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine, speaks at the College of Dental Medicine Graduation Ceremony at the New Balance Track & Field Arena (216 Fort Washington Ave. at 168th St) at 10:30 a.m.
- Nailah S. Adams, P&S ‘08, speaks at the Institute of Human Nutrition MS Year End Celebration in Roone Arledge Auditorium (Lerner) at 11:00 a.m.
- Amy Lamb, vice president of the American Occupational Therapy Association, speaks at the Occupational Therapy Graduation Ceremony in the Alumni Auditorium (650 West 168th Street) at 10:00 a.m.
[Note: GS Class Day happened yesterday; you can read about it here.]