Personals: Dylan Lonergan, CC’13, and Rotem Rusak, CC’13

For this snowy Friday evening, Bwog presents two One Direction lovers. Maybe there’s a correlation? As always, contact us if you want to pogo-stick or play a scavenger hunt game with one of these fine single folk — or if you want to submit your own personal — at personals@bwog.com.

Name, Year, School, Major: Dylan Lonergan, 2013, Columbia College, Philosophy

Preference: Guy for girl (I’m also currently in the market for wingpeople and new homies; I’m a total bromancer.)

Hometown: My dad’s in the Air Force so I’ve never lived anywhere more than four years. Born in Queens. Formative years (high school) in Okinawa.

Your dream date in seven words or fewer: Laser tag

What redeems you as a human being? I can pogo-stick indefinitely. Also, I love puppies. A lot.

Obsessive book series of choice: Harry Potter, obviously.

Library room of choice: The stacks or reserves; I’m only in the library if I need to get a book or read something I can’t take with me. I read and write on the go.

What you think the sexiest animal is: Lumpfish

Your guilty pleasure song: I would say anything by One Direction, except I like them shamelessly (check my spotify). I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness.

Do you watch “Girls” ironically or unironically? #sixseasonsandamovie

Historical hottie: Amelia Earhart. ’nuff said.

Name, Year, School, Major: Rotem Rusak, Senior, CC, Psychology

Preference: Girl for Guy

Hometown: The ever exciting Albany, NY

Your dream date in seven words or fewer: Pretty much anything that involves food.

What redeems you as a human being?: Well, I think generally I have some pretty cool views on the world, I’m not afraid to be who I am, even if that’s not exactly what people were expecting. I make a mean chocolate cake, I’ve recently managed to get GIMP to do what I want it to, if there’s a thunderstorm, I’ll go dance in it, preferably in a pretty dress. I participated in the Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen (twice), and through this met a noble prize winner, an Olympic medalist, ate ice cream in the Dodge sauna, and wore a dress made out of bacon. I think imagination is the number one thing you need and reality is overrated.

Obsessive book series of choice: Harry Potter (Obvs) and The Vampire Chronicles (These Vamps are bad-ass and they do not sparkle, did I mention hot?) …Does Les Mis count as a series? It should with that page count.

Library room of choice: Er…I wouldn’t turn this one down!

What you think the sexiest animal is: Hawk

Your guilty pleasure song: Baby, you light up my world like nobody else. The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, but when you smile at the ground it ain’t hard to tell, you don’t knowwwwww – oh oh. That’s what makes you beautifulllll. Also, I own the entire Yugioh! The Movie soundtrack, unironically, and look up “Damn it Feels Good to be a Lannister.”

Do you watch “Girls” ironically or unironically? I do not, but if anyone watches Supernatural, girl or guy, find me!

Historical Hottie: James Dean pictures are mostly in black and white, right? If that’s not historical enough…Well the hottest CC philosopher by far is de Tocqueville, and yes, I did look up all of them just to determine this.

@Anonymous we got lumpfish.

• FBV says:

@FBV You’re potentially looking for a new bromance? We’re through.

@Anonymous FINNNN DON’T LEAVE ME

• Supernatural says:

@Supernatural Definitely watch Supernatural. I thought season 8 was heading down hill fast, but the past 3 episodes have brought in some pretty interesting plots and wrinkles. Your thoughts Rotem?

1. Ro says:

@Ro Well, I had hope for season 8, Carver and all, but yeah it’s been pretty depth-less unfortunately. Sooooo much potential, not enough execution, not enough Cas. xD I think their blocking is just off, chunks of plot instead of threading different ideas altogether. Rewatching s.4 with a friend right now, and omg, the QUALITY.

But yeah, def interesting new developments, I just hope they can carry them out. What I really think is they should bring back everyone they killed and have a big awesome people party, ahah. Buttt, that probably won’t happen :(

@Anonymous Other than that awful home movie werewolf episode, this season has been solid. We are barely half way through, this men of letters plot twist could prove fruitful. I’d like to see more build up though instead of all major developments coming in the last two episodes of the season. Anywho, to the person above seasons 3 and 4 are masterpieces.

@Anonymous bahaha they should go on a date together – harry potter, one direction, new york hometown…

@Anonymous FINNN DON’T LEAVE ME

• LULZ says:

@LULZ DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO?

Still haven’t seen at the gym. Bum

• LULZ says:

@LULZ seen you*. fuck

• Anon says:

@Anon Dylan Lonergan, yummers….

@Anonymous both seem like pretty cool people!

• soooo says:

@soooo heteronormative

@Anonymous Lumpfish for life. Dylan is the best

• tsr says:

@tsr Dylan is a bauss #rickrossgrunt

@Anonymous if by gimp she means the gnu image manipulation program then i’m interested. :)

@Anonymous yes she does

@Anonymous Double entendre there I think. good job ro

• Dear says:

@Dear Dylan,

You’re sexy.

Love, a newish friend

@Anonymous okay but is this the Yu Gi Oh Pyramid of light soundtrack or the Yu Gi Oh Bonds Beyond Time soundtrack we’re talking about?

1. Ro says:

@Ro Pyramid of Light, of course. xD And it’s pretty good!

I sort of glanced at what came after the original, but let’s be honest, I don’t really acknowledge anything Yu-gi-oh that doesn’t involve Kaiba.

@Anonymous If you know all the words, to Seto Kaiba’s “I’m Back” then I will marry you.

1. Ro says:

@Ro Dissappearedddd out of hereeeeeeere. It was time to pay my dues. Never guessed that you’d be dressed in my clothes and in my shoesss.

Do you know how many happy meals I went through to get that song on CD? Best song anon, best ep too.

• Consent is Sexy. says:

@Consent is Sexy. Honey, and you think that is going to happen based on? #egoissues

• LASER TAG says:

@LASER TAG IS AWESOME

1. Freshman says:

@Freshman HIGH FIVE

• Anonamoose says:

@Anonamoose Bwog, do you even format?

• Anti-heteronormative says:

@Anti-heteronormative How can any Columbia student, male or female, be “straight”? Like really, we’re exposed to all the knowledge of sexual orientations and as a liberal school, we pride ourselves on having diversity (race, sexual orientation). In my view, it would be strange for a Columbia student to not have any gay friends. So to extend that line of thought a bit, how is it that any student on this liberal campus can still exclude people who are the same sex as them from their pool of sexual or romantic partners? Columbia has implicitly taught us that we should be either bisexual or gay. So why is it that there are still students on this campus claiming to be heterosexual? Hello???????????

1. holy moly says:

@holy moly shut up

1. Anti-heteronormative says:

@Anti-heteronormative If you’re gonna comment, engage my ideas seriously!

2. '15 says:

@'15 That is a very close-minded sentiment. No one should feel pressure to be a certain sexual orientation. There is a huge difference between having gay friends and being gay (or bi, or LGBT*(etc)) yourself. It’s the difference between being accepting of everyone and trying to be everyone, even if that doesn’t match up with who you actually are. Columbia has never taught me that I should be bisexual or gay; it has taught me that I should be who I am and work hard to figure out who that is. Also, if you think diversity of sexual orientation is important, you might want to consider throwing straight people into that mix.

• GS says:

@GS Dylan, did you go to Kubasaki? I taught a print journalism class there in 2006.

1. Dylan says:

@Dylan I went to Kadena from 2005-2009. I had Mrs. Mendoza for journalism.

• what's in a name? says:

@what's in a name? Scrotum Nutsack

• But actually says:

@But actually We should all just go play laser tag..