Bwoglines: Controversial Rules Edition

If you really wanted to avoid trans fats, you'd stop eating at JJ's so much.

If you really wanted to avoid trans fats, you’d stop eating at JJ’s so much.

The FDA is getting ready to ban trans fats, a major contributor to heart disease, saying that they should no longer be “generally recognized as safe.” No doubt there will be public outrage over this seemingly innocuous regulation. (New York Times)

Here’s a list of foods that would have to change. (Washington Post)

“He repeatedly struggled to remember why he was aboard the plane and where he was going.” After years of head injuries, more NFL stars are having brain troubles. (Kottke)

“I thought it would generate a healthy exchange of ideas on gun rights…I was wrong, and I ask your forgiveness.” The editor of Guns & Ammo magazine apologizes for publishing an op-ed arguing that some gun control could be reasonable. (Advertising Age)

Greasy deliciousness via Shutterstock

@Anonymous Fuck me, who decided that the government can prohibit voluntarily eaten substances? What happens when they decide that consuming certain books is unhealthy for me?

@Anonymous @Anonymous: FDA getting ready to ban SALE OF trans fats IN FOOD

Better? Try processing words a bit more before reacting.

• Ok but says:

@Ok but it seems more likely that the ban on trans fats will force companies to find healthier ways to produce the same food. why the heck not?

@Anonymous I WANT MY DOUGHNUTS TO HAVE TRANS FAT DAMMIT

@Anonymous @Anonymous: lrn2bake

• Meanwhile, in the early 20th century... says:

@Meanwhile, in the early 20th century... I know, right? I was so upset when the government began forcing people to drink pasteurized milk. It’s my right to get food poisoning, dammit!